1. You’d think I’d have more time to blog things this summer. And I do… yet the time still gets filled with other stuff! I’m still chugging away at getting my curriculum squared away for next year. And by curriculum, I mean that I’m trying to create/find everything myself because there is no curriculum. #thankyoucommoncore
2. World Cup frenzy! We watched every game we could, but especially in the last week, when my Germans KILLED the poor Portuguese team in the semi-finals. Chris and I watched most of the games in the office, with the iPad set up between our two computers, but for the final we splurged and streamed it to the big screen. And my team didn’t disappoint in the end! #teamgermany
3. There’s a lot going on this picture. We just got our carpets cleaned, so Chris is wearing the plastic booties. He’s also in the dining room, instead of our office, since the carpet in the office was drying out still. Also, Jack is here, on the table, where he’s not supposed to be, and Chris isn’t doing anything about it, even though he always gets mad when I let Jack sit on the table. Double standards.
4. This is about what every night looks like in our house. The cats are sprawled sleeping on the desk. Chris is playing League of Legends. I’m not pictured, of course, but I’m right there either researching, creating, or panicking about my (non)curriculum.
6. We may have few summer weddings this year, but that just means we’ve got a ton in the fall… when school starts.
7. 4th of July! Chris was sick (not me, for once!) so we stayed inside and enjoyed our air conditioning and tried not to spend the holiday working. He played video games and I scrapbooked. We did manage to get over to Kennedy Park to sit in the grass and watch the fireworks. Chris was hesitant (he did not want to leave the house), but I was able to bribe him with a burrito on the way. So he was very happy sitting in the grass eating his rice, bean, and cheese burrito while the fireworks went off overhead.
8. Jack and Sawyer are as ridiculous as ever. We just got them omega 3 oil to add to their food, because their skin’s been really dry lately. They love it, but they kind of refuse to eat it in the food. They prefer me to squirt it in my hand and then they spend ten minutes licking it off.
9. Both of them love my office chair. As soon as I get up to refill my water glass, one of them jumps up and makes himself at home. So I just sit back down, and usually they don’t want to share. But lately they don’t seem to mind…
10. And last but not least, we posted an adorable engagement session from the new San Diego Central Library this week. These cuties had a great idea to do their shots there, and I’m especially loving the ones on the roof and at the card catalog. 🙂 Here’s the link to the full post on the NTMS website.